We are excited to announce the latest addition to the gaming scene in Tokyo – Namco Akihabara arcade, a new six-storey gaming arcade that is set to open its doors in Akihabara in March. This massive arcade promises to be a haven for anime lovers of all ages and interests across its sprawling six floors.
Located in the heart of Akihabara, this new arcade is set to be the go-to destination for otakus in the city.
Games and Attractions
Namco Akihabara arcade features a plethora of new games and attractions that are sure to delight arcade enthusiasts of all ages. Here are some of the highlights:
- First Underground Floor: This floor is dedicated to the popular Mobile Suit Gundam franchise, with 46 Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme Vs. 2 XBoost machines available for players to battle it out. It’s the perfect spot for fans of the iconic mecha anime series to test their skills and see who comes out on top.
- First Floor: On the first floor, visitors will find a range of claw machines, also known as UFO catchers. These machines are immensely popular in Japan, and allow players to test their hand-eye coordination and try to win prizes like plushies, anime figurines, and other merchandise related to anime and games. The Ichiban Kuji Official Shop Akihabara is also located on this floor, which is a sort of lottery where customers purchase tickets and get instant prizes – usually action figures or toys related to anime or games. The first floor also hosts the Banpreya Akiba Figure Collection showroom, where visitors can admire and purchase high-quality figurines and collectibles.
- Second Floor: The second floor has more claw machines for those who can’t get enough of these addictive games. Visitors can test their skills and try to win even more prizes to add to their collections.
- Third Floor: This floor is home to arcade boxes for popular games like Taiko no Tatsujin, a rhythm game that challenges players to drum along to catchy music. Fans of this game will love the chance to test their skills on the arcade version and try to set high scores.
- Fourth Floor: The fourth floor is home to the Gashapon Bandai Official Shop Akihabara, which boasts an impressive 800 Gashapon machines. These machines dispense small toys or figures in capsules, and are hugely popular in Japan. Visitors can try their luck and see which characters they’ll get, or try to complete a full set of a particular series.
- Fifth Floor: Finally, the fifth floor is called DeckSta, or Deck Stadium, and is dedicated to trading card games. Visitors can participate in tournaments and events for popular games like Magic: The Gathering, Yu-Gi-Oh!, and Pokemon, or simply browse the extensive selection of cards and accessories available for purchase. Expect this floor to also host other game-related events as well.
With such a diverse and exciting selection of games and attractions, the Bandai Namco arcade center is sure to be a hit with gamers and anime fans alike. Whether you’re looking to test your skills, win some prizes, or simply soak up the vibrant atmosphere, this arcade is not to be missed.
Location: 1-chōme-15-9 Sotokanda, Chiyoda City, Tokyo 101-0021, Japan
(The old SEGA Gigo Building location)
Please visit Bandai Nameco for more information: https://bandainamco-am.co.jp/NEWS/game_center/20230222_1300_18-C-039.html